As briefly mentioned in the previous article, adjusting your diet to eliminate inflammatory foods isn’t sufficient to cure your Hidradenitis Suppurativa. The other step required involves rebalancing your body’s autoimmune system to prevent the inflammatory responses that lead to Hidradenitis Suppurativa in the first place.
This article will present you with one of the best ways of doing just this. You’ll discover how one natural ingredient has been shown to be even more powerful in combating inflammation than leading prescription medications, and we’ll discuss how best to get full advantage of this ingredient’s properties.
Ready to find out more?
The ingredient that is the secret to rebalancing your autoimmune system is turmeric. Turmeric is a natural plant root (you may know of it as the primary spice found in curry), and quite possibly one of the most powerful natural ingredients on the planet. With 4000+ peer-reviewed journal articles turmeric shows strong scientific evidence of aiding the immune system and combating a variety of diseases and other health conditions.
Indeed, in medical literature, turmeric is one of the most often cited natural ingredients, and its effectiveness includes combating Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It has a wide-spectrum of therapeutic applications, being capable to address a variety of ailments.
What Can Turmeric Do For You?
Consuming turmeric in its right form will bring about innumerable significant benefits. Here’s a short list of the many benefits turmeric has been shown to provide:
- Maintains a healthy and normal autoimmune response, helping reduce & control inflammation through its antioxidant properties. This helps reduce flare-ups and aids in the healing of boils and abscesses.
- Promotes detoxification, enabling a rebalancing of your immune system and enabling it to be better equipped to deal with possible infections.
- Very effective in the treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune disorders such as IBS, skin inflammations and Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
- By inhibiting the production of elastase, turmeric promotes the formation of elastin. Elastin is an important protein in the skin, maintaining the skin’s smoothness and pliability, and is a crucial protein during skin healing. You’ll notice faster healing of wounds and a decrease in stretch marks and scars.
- Helps protect brain cells, reducing memory loss.
- Powerful anti-coagulant effect which prevents blood clots and associated risks such as strokes.
- Helps combat depression, maintain clarity of mind and a positive attitude. If your mood has degraded due to Hidradenitis Suppurativa, this is a great way to get it back!
- Reduces oxidative stress and helps regulate cholesterol, thereby improving cardiovascular health.
- Is an effective replacement for corticosteroids used to manage inflammation, without the side-effects! Numerable studies have shown that turmeric is even more powerful than some of the leading corticosteroids prescribed for Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
- Naturally activates the opioid system, effectively working as a natural pain-killer (minus the side-effects of synthetic analgesics).
These are just some of the many benefits turmeric has been shown to offer – every day new research is published about this ingredient’s powerful effects on health.
Consuming Turmeric Is NOT ENOUGH!
So, you’re ready to get started with turmeric and take back control of your body’s health. But before you do, you need to understand that for turmeric to work its magic, it is not sufficient to just get it in your stomach, either in its pure form, or as a concentrated extract.
Well, for turmeric to be able to do its work, it needs to be absorbed by the body. What happens more often than not when consuming turmeric, is that your body eliminates it through peeing. This is because generally the turmeric nutrients are degraded once they come in contact with enzymes often present in the mouth, stomach and intestines. This prevents the nutrients from being absorbed.
What can you do then to increase absorption? You need to make sure you are using a highly bio-available extract, ideally liposomalized. A liposomalized extract is one in which the turmeric nutrients are encapsulated in a shell of liposomes which protect them from being broken down in the gut. This DRAMATICALLY increases absorption, and ensures you get ALL the benefits of turmeric consumption. It is the very best way of consuming turmeric available on the market.
We highly recommend PuraTHRIVE’s Turmeric, because not only does it contain full-spectrum turmeric (not just isolated curcumin like most other turmeric supplements), it is liposomalized and is combined with Fulvic acid. Fulvic acid maximizes absorption of nutrients, aids in detoxification, leads to increased mental clarity and energy, helps the body pass unwanted toxins, and helps water enter cells faster, ensuring adequate and uniform hydration.
In addition, PuraTHRIVE Turmeric is produced entirely in the USA, GMP Certified (very important), entirely GMO Free, and also Gluten Free (important because other supplements often contain gluten – and as you know, gluten is often a trigger in HS). They also have a 100% Money-Back Guarantee in case you’re not satisfied (all you must do is return the empty bottle!).
Check it out here: PuraTHRIVE Liposomal Turmeric
Once you start using a quality turmeric supplement, you’ll notice IMMEDIATE improvements in the form of reduction of swelling and inflammation, reduction of pain, and healing of past scars. With continued consumption, you will be able to combat your Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and very likely eliminate it!
This article and the previous installment have provided you with all the knowledge required to get on the path to recapturing your life. Start today – the sooner you do, the sooner you’ll see improvements in your Hidradenitis Suppurativa symptoms, and the faster you’ll be able to start getting the most out of your life!
Start eliminating inflammatory foods from your diet (if you need to remind yourself which foods specifically, click here) and use a quality turmeric extract, such as PuraTHRIVE Turmeric, to give your body what it needs to rebalance itself and prevent future inflammatory responses – this twofold approach is one of the most efficient ways to tackle and eliminate your Hidradenitis Suppurativa once and for all.
Written by Therese Wilson – nutritionist, health consultant, and author of Fast Hidradenitis Suppurativa Cure.
- Schiborr C, Kocher A, Behnam D, Jamdasek J, Toelstede S, Frank J. The oral bioavailability of curcumin from micronized powder and liquid micelles is significantly increased in healthy humans and differs between sexes. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2014 Mar; 58(3):647
- Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors, Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition, (Boca Raton FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011
- Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor, Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition.
- Shrikant Mishra and Kalpana Palanivelu, The Effect of Turmeric on Alzheimer’s disease: An overview